Dr. Max Goodwin is the new medical director at America's oldest public hospital. Not taking no for an answer, Max disrupts the status quo and proves he will stop at nothing to breathe new life into this understaffed, underfunded and underappreciated hospital and return it to the glory that put it on the map.
Popular Music from New Amsterdam
- Fix You15410:48Georgia and Max listen to their daughter's heartbeat; Iggy watches Jemma meet with her old foster sister; Patricia is reunited with her family; a farmer's market is set up in the hospital lobby; Laura and Alain are informed they are not infected with Ebola.Canyon City
- Where's My Love01000:50Laura tells Floyd it feels better not being in control; Helen talks to Max about his chem schedule then suggests he start prioritizing himself; Georgia awakens to see a completed crib in the bedroom and Max still asleep on the couch.SYML
- Hello My Old Heart01100:01Max is awakened by his alarm, then walks to his bedroom to look in on Georgia; montage of Max preparing breakfast; [0:49] repeats as the doctors work on Iggy's rooftop garden; Vijay shares his Laddus with the other doctors.The Oh Hellos
- Heartbeats03120:47Laura informs Janelle that her baby is going to Ryker's with her; Ray's fiancee is told they are treating his tumor; Vijay asks the barista about the term 'ghosted'; Max watches Janelle with her newborn daughter.José González
- Blindsided02800:51Helen paints the finger nails of her chemo patient; Iggy and Vijay watch Leo hugging his mom after the judge's ruling; Vijay phones his son; Max is told Georgia can't be put under any stress; Georgia asks Max to let her in.Bon Iver
- I Got You (I Feel Good)02900:01Montage of Max getting up and jogging to work; Alain catches a taxi to the hospital; EMTs deal with a massive carbon monoxide poisoning.James Brown & The Famous Flames